E-mail Graham Burgess
2101 West Clinton Avenue
Huntsville, AL 35805
Post Office Box 2087
Huntsville, AL 35804-2087
Attorneys / W. Graham Burgess / Full Bio
W. Graham Burgess
As a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group, Mr. Burgess’ practice
is concentrated on commercial lending, real estate lending, secured transactions, loan restructuring,
and real estate construction and development. His clients include traditional and non-traditional
lenders, private equity investors and commercial borrowers whom he advises in the areas of
commercial loan procurement, restructuring, and workouts. Mr. Burgess routinely advises clients
about the acquisition and disposition of both developed and undeveloped real estate. He represents
commercial landlords and tenants in the negotiation of office, retail, and ground leases. He also
advises clients about general contract work, entity formation, equity reorganization, and dissolution.
Mr. Burgess serves on the firm’s executive committee. For 2011, he was named an
Alabama Super Lawyer Rising Star.
- Served as local issuing agent for national title insurer on $38 million construction-loan
- Served as lead counsel to lender in $16.5 million multistate floor-plan transaction.
- Represented lender in $6.39 million construction-loan facility for medical office complex.
- Represented lender in $6 million workout.
- Served as lead counsel to lender in $5 million senior term debt facility.
- Served as local counsel to international lender in $75 million real estate loan transaction.
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
President, Huntsville-Madison County Young Lawyers, 2006-2007
- J.D., 2004, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Senior Editor, Alabama Law Review
Justice, Law School Honor Court
Farrah Law Society
Christian Legal Society
- B.S., 2001, Birmingham-Southern College, Birmingham, AL
Varsity Baseball Team
- Deacon, Christ Presbyterian Church, 2010-present
- Huntsville Committee of 100, Young Professionals Division, 2007-2008
- Board Member, James A. Lane Boys and Girls Club, 2005-2007
- Graduate, Leadership Huntsville Madison County Connect Class 5, 2007
- Minor League Baseball Player, St. Paul Saints, St. Paul, MN, 2001